Nafplio Marathon is organized by the Municipality of Nafplio (DOPPAT) in cooperation with the Nafplio track and field athletic clubs, Regional Union of Argolis, under the support of Chamber of Commerce of Argolis, Administration of Education of Argolis, Harvard University’s Center for Hellenic Studies in Greece and under the auspices of PSAT, EOT, SEGAS and AIMS.
Nafplio Marathon is a running sporting event of high standards and at the same time, a pioneering event that has created a multifaceted social event with numerous actions & programmes that promote health, education and culture!
The Event includes the races: Marathon, Half-Marathon, 5km & 2,5 km fun run!
Nafplio Marathon aims:
- to provide a sporting event of high standards, an exemplar of its kind, worthy of the great athletic events of the world.
- to promote citizens’ health through the enjoyment of sports and participation events.
- to promote athletic education and the value of lifelong exercising, especially in the younger ages, through its cooperation with the educational community.
- to produce culture and act as a driving force for progress and development of the local community.
- to promote Nafplio and Argolis, their beauties as well as their long and remarkable cultural heritage and tradition.
- to establish Nafplio as a sports tourist destination in Greece and abroad.
All the races will take place on Sunday 8th of March. Meanwhile, more social activities will take place in the area during the whole weekend!
You are all invited to become part of the big running fiesta that is called: Nafplio Marathon!